Thursday, March 31, 2011

Now I know Why

As mentioned in an earlier post we just recently got into beer trading. Our trades had been the standard "money for money" or "beer for beer" with an occasional extra thrown in usually a local brew even a tasting glass. We liked the allure of being able to get new beers, other peoples local small breweries or hard to get limited release beers but we never had an Oh My God Trade. Then it happened we set up a trade with an individual from Minnesota to get some beer from Surley Brewing and a bottle of Deschutes Abyss in exchange for New England Brewing Imperial Stout Trooper, Avery Victory at Sea and Troegs Nugget Nectar. We decided to throw in some locals for extras with Clownshoes 1.5, Gritty McDuff's Bitter and an IPA from Magic Hat. Now comes the hook that will have me addicted to trading for awhile, and that is what we got in return for extras (totally amazing). The day the trade was delivered to us I realized the box was oversized for two 4 packs and a 22ounce bottle so I was very geeked up. Once I had the box open you couldn't see anything but packing peanuts. Searching through the peanuts I pull out 5 beers (3 types of Surley Wet, Bitter Brewer & Abrasive and a Braun Brothers Braun Beer all extras). Next out of the ocean of peanuts was the Coffee Bender 4pack and Furious 4pack. What I thought was the last of the trade was the bubblewrapped bottle of Abyss but then I noticed another bottle and if you looked at the picture you know what it was. The man from Minnesota through in a bottle of DARKNESS from Surley a beer that has its own day and he throws it in as an EXTRA. Now for the beer geeks reading you know why I will be hooked on beer trades and hopefully you are as lucky as we were.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment